Career Management Directorate
Promoting professionalism and efficient career management in the Ghana Civil Service.
The Career Management Directorate exists to provide leadership and guidance for effective career management in the Ghana Civil Service
- Initiate the formulation/review and implementation of policies, guidelines, standards and programmes on Career Management for the Service.
- Co-ordinate and monitor all activities in MDAs related to promotions, postings, succession planning and other career management activities.
- Ensure the equitable distribution of staff in MDAs to facilitate the judicious utilization of human resources of the Civil Service.
- Develop and operationalise guidelines for occupational health and welfare in the Civil Service.
- Offer advice on issues affecting career management, promotions and postings to MDAs and other bodies or entities.
- Serve as a Secretariat of the Civil Service Council.
The Directorate is composed of 2 units
- Promotions, Postings and Retirement
- Career Management and Succession Planning